Alumni-of-the-Year Awards Criteria
The Alumni-of-the-Year Awards Committee is seeking candidates for the 2014 Alumni Awards. These prestigious awards will be presented at the 2014 Alumni Day. The School of Dentistry Alumni Awards Committee is asking for your help to nominate a dentist, a dental hygienist, and other individuals who have demonstrated outstanding service to the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry, to the field of dentistry at large, or have contributed significantly in community outreach efforts.
The three categories of awards include:
- Dental Alumnus of the Year
- Allied Dental Alumnus of the Year
- Honorary Alumnus of the Year
The University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry Alumni Awards criteria include evidence of:
- Providing educational support
- Providing community service
- Providing research efforts
- Professional accomplishments beyond the norm on a local, national, or international level
- Providing financial support to the University of Detroit Mercy to enhance the educational experience
- Providing exceptional leadership skills (with professional organizations)
- Promoting the School of Dentistry's ability to carry out its vision
Don't be shy. You may nominate yourself, a classmate, other UDM dental alumni, and friends of the School of Dentistry.
Nominations may be made any time, but will close for the 2014 honors on January 1, 2014. Nominations may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the following address:
Alumni Awards – Office of Development
University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry
2700 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48208