Perfecting Atraumatic Extractions, Socket Preservation & Implants
Friday, March 21, 2014
Extractions are often the first step or building block to growing your practice. In today’s economy, coupled with a growing aging population requiring extractions, there is simply no reason not to perform difficult extractions in your practice with modern advancements in oral surgery techniques and armamentarium. After completing this course, clinicians will be able to treatment plan and perform practical bone grafting techniques and basic implant surgeries.
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
• Learn practical surgical approaches and techniques;
• Learn modern surgical armamentarium;
• Learn when is an immediate implant an option;
• Learn when to graft or not to graft, including materials;
• Learn clinical tips and considerations for placing emergency implants;
• Learn how to preserve the bone for immediate implant placement;
• Learn how to make extractions profitable, simple and predictable;
• Learn how to properly evaluate extraction site for implants; and
• Understand the basic knowledge of bone grafting procedures related to dental implants
• How to thrive during tough economic times by incorporating extractions into your practice.
Fetzer Center, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
[Click here for directions]
Tuition includes continental breakfast and lunch.
Dentist - $230; Allied - $125
UDM Alumni: Dentists - $207; Allied - $112.50
If you choose to pay for a continuing education course by check, please note that the check must be received by UDM within ten (10) days of registration. If the check is not received within ten (10) days of registration, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the course and will remove you from the course roster and you will forfeit your held seat. If you register less than ten (10) days prior to the start of a course, payment will be accepted up to the course start time. If additional time is required, please contact 313-494-6626 prior to registering to make a payment arrangement.
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM; Registration table opens half an hour before the course begins.
6 hours (Lecture)
For your convenience you may register up until 3:00 p.m. on the day prior to the start of the course with no additional charge. An additional non-refundable fee of $20 dollars per person, per course will be assessed to any registrations received after 3:00 p.m. the day prior to a course or to any same day or walk in registrations.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Unless otherwise posted, a full refund less $25 will be granted if notification of cancellation is received by the Institute for Advanced Continuing Dental Education office two weeks (14 or more days) prior to the start of the course. If a cancellation is received less than two weeks (13 or less days) prior to the start of a lecture only course, a full refund less $100 will be granted. Refunds cannot be given for same any day cancellations or no-shows.
Click here to visit our updated general information and policy page.
This course is sponsored in part by an unconditional educational grant from Golden Dental Solutions.