A Multiple Level, Hands-On Comprehensive Implant Program at the Zimmer Institute in Carlsbad, CA
Sunday, March 03, 2013 - Tuesday, March 05, 2013
Sunday, March 3rd 9:00am - 5:00pm
Monday, March 4th 8:00am - 5:30pm
Tuesday, March 5th 8:00am - 5:15pm
PresentersMonish Bhola, DDS, MSD
Dincer Gurun, DMD, DDS
Michael Linebaugh, DDS, MS
James Winkler, PhD, DDS
It is quickly becoming imperative for the general practitioner to be competent in the diagnosis, treatment planning, and treatment techniques of the dental implant patient. We are proud to announce that the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry has developed a comprehensive multi-level dental implant course that includes 'one of a kind' hands-on practice in a 'leading edge' facility at the Zimmer Institute in beautiful Carlsbad, CA. The 26 station simulated patient laboratory offers an unprecedented level of hands-on instruction. Each station includes a computer and monitor, a surgical and restorative mannequin featuring soft tissue and bone with both cortical and cancellous layers, soft tissue-lined sinuses, and 'wired' inferior alveolar nerves.
A team of two surgical and two restorative faculty will discuss current evidence, concepts, and principles necessary to be successful in discussing dental implant treatment with patients, treatment planning cases, and placing and restoring dental implants.
The course will include surgical, periodontal, and restorative perspectives in detail. Simple and complex restorative processes involved in the treatment of the implant patient will be demonstrated utilizing clinical cases and simulated practice. Interactive discussion and one-on-one interaction with the faculty are an integral part of this course that is limited to 26 participants. Join us in Carlsbad, CA to gain extensive knowledge, skills, and confidence in implant dentistry.
This program consists of three levels. Levels 1 and 2 will be held in Carlsbad, CA
Level 1 is an introductory course in implant therapy where foundational principles are discussed.
Level 2 involves intensive life-like simulated patient training in various aspects of implant dentistry and will be held at The Zimmer Institute facility. Each participant will be presented multiple realistic cases with radiographs, CT scans, case histories, and models to treatment plan and have a chance to start and finish all the surgical and prosthetic procedures within the same session. The models feature soft tissue and 'bone' with both cortical and cancellous layers. The mannequins also have soft membrane-lined sinuses for graph procedures, and 'wired' inferior alveolar nerve fibers that exit the mental foramen to simulate the mental nerve. Working with these models will provide The Zimmer Institute participants with an exceptional level of clinical realism - greatly accelerating their level of confidence when it comes time to work on actual patients.
Level 3 is a mentoring program, led by an experienced clinician who provides one-on-one instruction and helps guide the practitioner through actual patient care. This course can be arranged after successful participation in Levels 1 and 2 which will take place in Carlsbad, California. Level 3 will be held at the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry Patient Care Facility.
At the completion of the Restorative Training section, participants will be able to:
- Identify factors for treatment planning the proper location of dental implants for a restorative patient using models, radiographs and CT scan.
- Remain current with evidence based literature regarding the placement of implants versus prolonged maintenance of a 'decimated' and/or a 'hopeless' tooth.
- Learn and practice the use of instruments and materials available to restore an implant using the Zimmer implant system.
- Select and practice different impression techniques for the implant patient.
- Learn and practice treatment planning and restoration of an immediate implant placement.
- Learn and practice to restore single and multiple implants using different case scenarios in the dentulous patient.
- Learn and practice to restore implants using different case scenarios in the edentulous patient (both implant supported overdenture and implant supported fixed removable restorations).
- Learn and practice the selection and placement of different overdenture attachment systems used with the edentulous patient.
- Learn and practice laboratory procedures for restoration of the implant patient.
Understand and relate the simulated procedures to the many clinical cases presented in the course.
At the completion of the Surgical Training section, participants will be able to
- Treatment plan implant cases using models, radiographs and CT scans
- Place implants in mannequins - maxillary and mandibular
- Learn and practice atraumatic extraction of fractured teeth and root tips
- Understand the advantages of performing ridge preservation
- Decide the types of grafts and barriers to use for ridge preservation based on evidence
- Practice placing immediate implants
- Learn and practice the principles of guided bone regeneration for future implant placement
- Learn and perform harvesting and placing mandibular symphysis block grafts
- Perform different approaches for placing maxillary implants in a pnuematized sinus-osteotome sinus lift and lateral window sinus grafting techniques
- In-depth discussion with hands-on management of various surgical and medical emergencies during surgery
- Communicate with the referring dentist on the sequencing of treatment for specialist
Zimmer Institute West, Carlsbad, CA
[Click here for directions]
We have negotiated a group room rate at the Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort. This quaint inn perched on a bluff overlooking the beautiful, blue Pacific is located just steps from the beach in the historic coastal village of Carlsbad, California. Beaches, cafes, boutiques, nature walks, and water sports are within a few miles of the Zimmer Institute.
Room rates for our group are $142/night for a standard room. Visit http://www.carlsbadinn.com/ to learn more about the Carlsbad Inn.
To make reservations contact The Carlsbad Inn at 1-800-235-3939 today and tell them you are with the UDM Dental Implant Group.
Levels I and II in Carlsbad, CA;
Dentists - $1,995
Dental Assistants accompanying a full tuition dentist - $395
Note that full tuition is due at the time of registration. Sorry, but alumni discounts are not offered for this course.
Tuition includes breakfast and lunch each day as well as a celebration dinner.
24 hours (Lecture and Hands-On Laboratory)
This provider is authorized to confer 24 units of California continuing education credit.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
A full refund less $150 will be granted if notification of cancellation is received by the Institute for Advanced Continuing Dental Education office two weeks (14 or more days) prior to the start of this course. If a cancellation is received less than two weeks (13 or less days) prior to the start of this hands-on course, no refund will be granted. Refunds cannot be given for same any day cancellations or no-shows.
This course is supported in part by an educational grant from Zimmer.
Powered by ABCSignup.com