Evidence-Based Smile Design: Hands-On with Laminate Veneers
Friday, May 20, 2011 - Saturday, May 21, 2011
This two-day hands-on course will guide you through the process of planning and delivering esthetic cases with laminate veneers. This course is designed to acquaint the dentist with evidence-based prosthetic considerations needed for successful esthetic veneer outcomes.
Day One - Participants will design a veneer case using esthetic principals and smile analysis. This course will guide you through preparation and interim fabrication of six laminate veneers. Participants will practice digital impressions with a chairside oral scanner and learn how to properly communicate with a laboratory for predictable esthetic outcomes. Evidence-based restorative material selection will be reviewed.
Day Two - Bonding agent selection, evaluation and techniques will be discussed. Participants will review delivery techniques and practice seating veneers. Various treatment plan options and alternatives will be discussed. Participants are encouraged to bring their cases for instructor led group discussion.
At the end of the program, participants receive a take home introductory kit with some of the materials used.
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Complete an esthetic analysis
- Use esthetic analysis for diagnosis and treatment planning
- Identify instruments and materials that are pertinent to esthetic restorations
- Understand appropriate design impressions for all-ceramic restorations
- Know the cement/bond restoration process
- Select appropriate bonding agents and techniques
- Take Home Ceremic Bur Block
- Take Home Instructional CD
- Take Home NX3 Nexus ® Third Generation Resin Cement – Kerr Corporation
- Prep 6 Veneers
- Seat 3 Veneers
- Free 6 Unit Diagnostic Wax-Up Gift Certificate With Veneer Case at Prosthodent Dental Studio
- Certificate for 25% Off Final Restorations at Prosthodent Dental Studio
University of Detroit Mercy Dental Corktown Campus, Detroit, MI
Dentist - $695; Allied - $395. Tuition includes continental breakfast and lunch.
12 hours (Lecture and Hands-On Laboratory)
Please bring lab jacket and safety glasses for the hands-on portion of the course.
This is a limited attended course, so register early to reserve your seat.
This course is sponsored in part by an unconditional education grant from Prosthodent Dental Studio and product form Kerr Corporation.