Saturday, October 18, 2014 - Sunday, October 19, 2014
Shyam Prasad Aravindaksha, BDS, MDS, PGDMLS
Yuksel Erpardo, DDS, PhD
Ahmad M. Fard, DDS, MSJames Geist, D.D.S., M.S.,
Through lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on content, this course is designed to familiarize the dentist with assessment, planning, placement and restoration of single tooth implants.
Participants will systematically learn the theoretical basics and practical procedures for simple, single implant placement and restoration through lecture, hands-on implant placement on pig jaws, and rotations of clinical technologies. Participants will receive guided one-on-one instruction as they apply the learned theories and techniques while placing an implant on a LIVE patient.
This unique and accelerated program will take you from planning to placement in a controlled environment!
All materials are provided for use during the course; however participants should bring protective eyewear and wear scrubs. Note: patients treated during this course are pre-selected and provided by UDMSD.
Participants must provide the Institute for Advanced Continuing Dental Education with copies of the following items at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the course: valid dental license, current CPR card, and professional liability declaration page covering educational activity in the State of Michigan.
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
Day 1: Treatment Planning and Implant Placement – Lectures and Hands-on Workshops
- Select implant candidates and present treatment plan.
- Understand how to import CT scan into treatment planning software.
- Use fabricated surgical guide and guided surgical kit for optimal implant placement.
- Use treatment-planning software for proper implant selection.
- Perform a same day temporization for single tooth placement.
- Take impressions for single-tooth prostheses.
- Understand cost effective ways for fabricating the final abutment/crown selection.
- Surgical applied anatomy
- Initial consultation & case presentation
- Radiographic investigation and interpretation
- Treatment planning with CBCT software
- Hands-on flap and suture design
- Surgical field & operatory: procedures, protocols, sterilization techniques
- Hands-on implant placement on pig jaws
Day 3: Four Months Post-Operative Restorative Day - Lectures and Hands-On Restorative Treatment
- Implant treatment planning with implant and guided surgical selection
- Choose implant size based on bone density and volume
- LIVE surgery on patients for each attendee to place implant
- Same day implant temporization
- Impression techniques
- Final Q & A discussion session
- Esthetic hands-on course for restoring posterior mandibular implant upon complete osseo-integration
- Accomplish the critical steps in final abutment/crown seating
- Final prosthetic equipment & tools needed to secure abutment (assembly & use)
- Lecture, clinical video, process of final abutment custom CAD/CAM design
- Zirconia & IPSemax Crown
- Screw & Cement retained all-in-one restorative techniques
UDM School of Dentistry Corktown Campus, Detroit, MI
Days 1 & 2
October 18-19, 2014
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Registration table opens a half hour before the course begins.
Saturday,February 21, 2015
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM; Registration table opens a half hour before the course begins.
Breakfast and lunch is provided.
25 CEUs (Reading, Lecture, Hands-On Laboratory, and LIVE Patient Care)
Part of the course credit includes reading assigned articles prior to the start of the course, which will help you to gain a stronger foundational knowledge. Reading material will be sent to you no later than two weeks prior to the start of the training and will be discussed during the course.
This is a limited attendence course, so register early to reserve your seat.
Dentist - $2,500*
UDM Alumnus - $2,250*
*Tuition includes the option of bringing up to two auxiliary staff members (RDH, RDA, CDA, DA and RDA only) to participate in the course. Doctor participants will receive Ibur Treatment Planning software and license to use (retails at $10,000).
For your convenience you may register up until Wednesday, October 1, 2014.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
A full refund less $25 will be granted if notification of cancellation is received by the Institute for Advanced Continuing Dental Education office two weeks (14 or more days) prior to the start of the course. If a cancellation is received less than two weeks (13 or less days) prior to the start of this course, no refund will be granted.
This course is sponsored in part by an unconditional educational grant from Straumann. Course supplies/materials will be provided by, Ibur BioSystems, Straumann, Expertec Dental Laboratory, Inc., Kerr Corporation and the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry.
Click here to visit our updated general information and policy page.