Perio 101: Overview of Diagnosis, Prognosis, Treatment Planning, Ergonomics, and Instrumentation
Friday, August 29, 2014
PresentersColleen Kuxhaus, RDH, BS, MA
Laura Manning-Lee, RDH, BS, MA
This course is designed to reinforce the analytical and clinical skills necessary to provide periodontal patient care, analytical and clinical strategies to resolve unresponsive sites of periodontal disease and the reinforcement of the classification system used by the American Academy of Periodontology to categorize various forms of periodontal disease.
This course will reinforce:
- The current disease classification system used by the American Academy of Periodontology (AAP) to categorize various forms of periodontal disease. Identify the basic radiographic features in health and disease. Identify the indications for radiography of the oral tissues. Interpretation and analysis of periodontal data and creation of a diagnosis, prognosis and periodontal treatment plan
- Principles of instrumentation and debridement. Ergonomics of patient/operator positioning and following clinic protocols while delivering non-surgical periodontal therapy to a patient.
- Strategies for unresponsive areas of disease.
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Discuss an overview of periodontal therapy and strategies for unresolved areas of disease.
- Describe and demonstrate principles of clinician/patient positioning in periodontics.
- Describe and demonstrate principles of instrumentation and debridement.
- Describe the current disease classification system used by the American Academy of Periodontology (AAP) to categorize various forms of periodontal disease.
UDM School of Dentistry Corktown Campus, Detroit, MI
[Click here for directions]
(includes continental breakfast and lunch)
Dentists - $255; Allied - $155
UDM Alumni; Dentists - $229.50; Allied - $139.50
If you choose to pay for a continuing education course by check, please note that the check must be received by UDM within ten (10) days of registration. If the check is not received within ten (10) days of registration, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the course and will remove you from the course roster and you will forfeit your held seat. If you register less than ten (10) days prior to the start of a course, payment will be accepted up to the course start time. If additional time is required, please contact 313-494-6626 prior to registering to make a payment arrangement.
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM; Registration table opens a half hour before the course begins.
6 hours (Lecture and Hands-On)
For your convenience you may register up until 3:00pm on the day prior to the start of the course with no additional charge. An additional non-refundable fee of $20 dollars per person, per course will be assessed to any registrations received after 3:00pm the day prior to a course or to any same day or walk in registrations.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
A full refund less $25 will be granted if notification of cancellation is received by the Institute for Advanced Continuing Dental Education office two weeks (14 or more days) prior to the start of the course. If a cancellation is received less than two weeks (13 or less days) prior to the start of this course, no refund will be granted. Refunds cannot be given for same day cancellations or no-shows.
Click here to visit our updated general information and policy page.