Summer Enrichment Program
The Summer Enrichment Program, conducted at the School of Dentistry, is a six week summer program. The Summer Enrichment Program's purpose is to provide educational experiences to assist individuals toward matriculation and graduation from dental school, targeting educationally and/or economically disadvantaged applicants.
The program will be held from May 18 - June 26, 2015.
Awards and Benefits
- Exposure to the dental field and hands-on activities
- Strengthen academic skills
- Preparation for the Dental Admission Test
- Receive financial aid information and admission counseling
- Social and cultural competency training
- Participate in student/alumni forums
- Engage with local dental professional
- Receive dental school application assistance
- FREE OF CHARGE
- Summer Enrichment Program is funded by Health Resources and Services Administration, Health Careers Opportunity Program (HCOP), and Michigan Area Health Education Center.
- Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national with appropriate documentation
- Have completed at least 2 years of college as demonstrated on official transcript
- Demonstrate an interest in pursuing a dental degree
- Minimum of 2.75 GPA
- Self-identify economically disadvantaged status based upon financial guidelines provided in application, or educationally disadvantaged status based on the definitions outlined in the guidance