Applicants must be graduates of ACCREDITED Canadian dental hygiene programs.
Due to the International status of Canadian students, a slightly different application process is needed.
Submit the following documents to the Degree Completion Coordinator in the DH Admissions Office NOT the university admissions office or ISO:
- International student application
- Contact Carol Blackburn for I-20 Application Process
Office: (313) 494-6650
Fax: (313) 494-6659
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended, send to:
Office of Admissions
4001 West McNichols Rd.
Detroit, MI 48221-3038
- Copies of your Dental Hygiene License and CPR Certification, send to:
University of Detroit Mercy, School of Dentistry
DH Degree Completion Program
C/O Pam Gibes
2700 Martin Luther King Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48208-2576
Canadian citizens may enroll as either part-time or full-time students.
- Full time consists of a minimum of 12 credits a semester undergraduate
- Canadian Landed Immigrants may enroll only as full-time students and require a visa to enter to U.S.
- Regardless of whether you enroll part time or full time, we will issue you an I-20 form, which will allow you to enter the U.S. in F-1 (student) status.
- Canadian students are allowed only one online course per semester.
Once accepted, it is very important that all Canadian students contact Carol Blackburn during the first week of classes to complete the I-20 process. See above for contact information.