1. Complete the online application
2. Send official copies of all transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to:University of Detroit Mercy
4001 W. McNichols Rd
Detroit, MI 48221-3038
3. Verification of dental office employment or observation
- It is expected that the applicant be familiar with the work environment in which most hygienists are employed.
- Written verification, on dental office letterhead, is required to verify either employment or observation in a dental office.
- A minimum of 6-8 hours dental office experience is expected.
- Send to the Dental Hygiene Admissions office at the address listed below:
Attn: Dental Hygiene Admissions
2700 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48208-2576
1. Academic Rating
- Applicants are ranked based on the academic criteria described in the Admissions Policies and Program Information Handbook.
- A score is computed using the admissions criteria on the “Admissions Rating Form.”
2. Informational Session
- The top 30-40 applicants will be required to attend an additional informational session with a member of the Dental Hygiene Admission’s Committee.
- The session will allow questions/answers to be offered and received in order to further explain the program.
- The added information will assist the applicants in determining whether their personal objectives match the Professional Dental Hygiene program’s Philosophy and Goals.
3. Final Selection
- The final selection of 26 qualified students is based on the admissions score computed on the “Admissions Rating Form.”